Municipality of Polesine Parmense
From February to December
Antica Corte Pallavicina has been carefully restaured and it is now back to its ancient beauty: a huge number of Culatelli, Parmigiano wheels and wines age inside the cellars, in the 1 Star Michelin restaurant it is possible to taste the Bassa Parmense best kitchen and to overnight inside amazing ancient rooms with view on Po river and its floodplain.
Built at the beginning of 1400 on a prior fortification by Marquises Pallavicino of Polesine, Antica Corte Pallavicina has got spectacular cellars, where cured meats, culatelli, cheeses and wines are sharpened. The inner spaces have been carefully restaured in the middle of 1500 and the coffer ceilings were replaced with wonderful umbrella-shaped vaults. After 1780, this court became a barracks, occupied by borders “Dragons”, that tried to contrast the increasing smuggling, developped between the banks of Po river.
After 1860, it was divided in small residences and utilized by farmers, fishers, carters and artisans. Almost forgotten, the court was periodically flooded by Po, while it was moving and approching to it.