Municipality of Bardi, 60 km from Parma
From March to November, please check the opening in case of snow
Bardi Fortress has been standing for more than a thousand years on a spur of red jasper, where streams Ceno and Noveglia cross and is a top example of military architecture in Emilia Romagna. The spaces dedicated to soldiers’ former headquarters are now home to the Museum of Valley Civilization, the five Alpine Rooms dedicated to “Cap. P. Cella” and the new Museum of Fauna and Poaching. From 2014, the Artillery Bastion can be visited, thanks to recent restauration works. All guarding walks must be visited, together with towers, thearms square,the honour courtyard,the portico,the well, the ice house, the barn, prisons and torture rooms.
The fortress has been property of Princes Landi, from mid 1200 for over four centuries. At the end of 1500, it was partially transformed into a noble manor. The bastion was built by Magnifico Manfredo Landi in XV century and it has been closed to visits until now.