Municipality of Castell’Arquato, 33 km from Piacenza
All year round
The stronghold still dominates the hamlet and Arda valley, with is Towers and is entirely made of laterizio brick. It includes two connected structures and is dominated by the mastio (fortified tower), once isolated, keypoint of the urban defense and of supervisioning system of the whole valley.
Built by Luchino Visconti between 1342 and 1349, the stronghold is given to Scotti family in 1404, then to Filippo Visconti.
In 1466, it becomes property of Sforza until 1707, when it becomes part of the Duchy of Parma and Piacenza.