Location

Municipality of Soragna, 28 km from Parma

Opening period

All year round

Description

Magnificient residence of Princes Meli Lupi: it is still their home. Splendid rooms, with early Baroque forniture.
The fortress still has frescoed decorations and painted cycles by Nicolò dell’Abate, Cesare Baglione, Ferdinando e Francesco Galli Bibiena. It is surrounded by a romantic english-style park, with a lake, a greenhouse and a café haus.

History

Built by Soragna feudatory, Marquises Bonifacio and Antonio Lupi in 1385, it becomes Princes Meli Lupi splendid residence during XVII century, that still are its owners and live there.
Its rooms are enriched by furniture of 1600 and witnesses of previous ages.

Source: Associazione dei Castelli del Ducato di Parma e Piacenza – Link
Images courtesy of the Castelli del Ducato di Parma e Piacenza Photo Archive

Share this page