Municipality of Pontenure, 13 km from Piacenza
24 April-4 August, 1-30 September
Elegant fortress, with a big farming court, that is close to Santa Maria Church, with its greek cross plant. A moat full of water takes our memory back in time. Today it is a private residence, a biological farm, a vegetable garden with old vegetable varieties, educational farm and place of important meetings dedicated to land farming.
The “severe” outline, the strong walls and a moat full of water are evocative symbols of the past centuries. The castle is documented already at the beginning of ninth century and in 1453 it becomes property of Marazzani family of Rimini, that are ancestors of the present owners, Pettorelli noble family. During 1400 it definitely becomes the current elegant fortress, with a big farming court, close to Santa Maria Church, with its greek cross plant and very ancients columns, witness of the originary “castrum”.