Municipality of Roccabianca, 29 km from Parma
From the 11st of February to December
Roccabianca Castle was built around mid 1400, by Magnifico Pier Maria Rossi, for his beloved Bianca Pellegrini. A recent restauration has brought to light beautiful frescoed decorations and heraldic emblems in the portico in front of Griselda’s famous room, with the modern reconstruction of the painted cycle, inspired to Boccaccio’s hundredthnovella. Its home to the Museum of Distillery.
The Castle has been realized by Pier Maria Rossi for his beloved Bianca Pellegrini around the middle of the fifteenth century and became property of Pallavicino family very soon and then of Rangoni. In 1831 it has been claimed by Maria Luigia at the Camera Ducale. The central tower and two angular towers dominate the huge and square structure. Thanks to some restauring works within the Sale dei Feudi, dei Paesaggi, dei Quattro Elementi and the Sala Rangoni, many important decorations came to light.